Sunday, January 15, 2012

Birthdays go best with amazing friends & family. And delicious sweet treats add a nice finish as well!

It was my birthday this week and I could not be more blessed with the best roommates (a.k.a. adoptive sisters), always thoughtful and loving family, amazing coworkers, and the good fortune to be surrounded by generosity and kindness. My day started with surprise gifts from my lovely roomies:

This darling dress from Zara. I am loving bright orange and coral shades right now!
This fun nail art project from Sephora. O.P.I. for Sephora has created Trend Tips Real Lacquer Strips for your nails in all sorts of cool colors. designs, and styles. I now have the black and gold glitter style to try for a fun occasion! Dressing up your nails with color, gloss, sparkles, designs, etc is such an easy and fun way to add a splash of creativity and uniqueness to your daily style. Can't wait to try them out, will keep y'all posted on how they turn out!


This amazing moisture remedy for my always-dry-and-thirsty hair! I am excited to treat my hair to Bumble and Bumble's Quenching Conditioner for "terribly thirsty hair" (yes, that is my coif to a T). Bumble & Bumble products have gained quite a solid rep for themselves in the beauty world, but when it comes to hair they really do prove that quality matters and can be worth the price (which is steep in BB's case! And their Styling Lotion spray is best finishing touch for your hair before you head out the door;)

THANK YOU to my ever-thoughtful girls! They know me too well:)


*Personalized mug was a thoughtful Christmas gift from my manager and friend, Airel at Resolution.
** The pomegranate tablecloth that I adore was a beautiful Christmas gift from my mama.


I enjoyed a wholesome and thoroughly satisfying breakfast: big mug of Peet's coffee with soy milk and a dash of cinnamon and drop of honey, two poached eggs on whole-grain sprouted wheat berry toast, a grapefruit (always peeled and eaten like an orange, not cut in half and spooned out).


My work day began with a delivery of 70 pairs of new shoes to at-risk youth. Never a bad way to start off any day, putting a smile on a stranger's face. Then a productive day at the office with plenty of birthday wishes. That evening at work at the restaurant I was surprised with a huge chocolate cake and sparkler brought to me by my amazing coworkers. I was embarrassed in the good way and certainly enjoyed stuffing my face with rich, chocolatey goodness. Birthday drinks post-work with the roomies and neighbors at our local bar topped off a wonderful day! THANK YOU TO ALL WHO MADE IT GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment