Sunday, January 15, 2012

Music we love

\


Have you ever fallen in love with a song and listened to it on repeat for weeks? I'm sorta infamous for this type of listening behavior. Gotye and Kimbra's "Somebody That I Used to Know," was no exception. I was originally introduced to this song by my friends Michael and Jaime (the cutest hipster couple I know). They are really cued into the music scene, always suggesting great new artists and songs. When Jaime and I were driving home from The Misfit (a great place for happy hour in Santa Monica) she played "Somebody That I Used to Know," but halfway through the song, the ipod died. I was frustrated, after having had a tasting of an amazing song, I was an addict wanting more. When I got home I looked on my Facebook wall and sweet Jaime had put a link to the song. I listened to it once from beginning to end. I was hooked. Love at first listen. I listened to it getting ready, walking to work, riding my bike, getting pretty, walking to bars...it was my personal soundtrack for a few weeks. I decided it would be a great first music post, I hope that you all love it too!

Above are two versions of the song-- the original and a cover. Let us know how you like the song, and what version or video you like best!

Happy Sunday!

"There's no place like home."
-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment